Use this job aid to test a first date.
Define: first date
A first date is when you go out with someone new for the first time. This activity often implies a possibility of exploring a sexual or romantic connection.
Standard first date behavior
The implied standard behavior for a first date is you present the best version of yourself. This is done in the hopes that someone will like you enough where you can reveal who you truly are over time. This behavior is a polite and socially acceptable form of sociopathy.
Suggested first date behavior
This job aid suggests you present a controlled form of your authentic self. This allows the person going on a date with you to see whether you are worth dating past the first date. It is better for someone to see who you really are at the beginning than in the middle or the end.
Ways to test your first date
Here are some ways to test your first date:
- Consider what objective you want to achieve on your first date. This objective should start with a verb and have a clear, measurable outcome. Run them by a friend if you need help crafting it.
- By the end of this first date, I would like them to go out on a second date with me
- By the end of this first date, I want us making out in a public place.
- By the end of this first date, I never want them to see me again.
- Wear something that you like, not what someone else likes. How far you want to take that is up to you.
- Choose a reasonable, but creative, first date activity. This could be the start of something special. This could also become a horror story you or your date shares with friends afterwards.
- Do NOT use arrival time as a means to test your date. Being too early or too late is rude.